my life 4 jesus.co.za
You have Magnified Your Word above All Your Name,
ON THIS PAGE:
1. What Muslims say is true, “Your Bible says Jesus was in the grave for only 1 day and 2 nights!” Shamefully, Christians omitted and twisted Jesus’ declaration on His crucifixion and resurrection to insert their Roman Catholic, fertility “Easter Weekend Feast” feast into the Scriptures! Jesus was NOT in the grave only on Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night, (36 hours.) Jesus said, “As Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, (Mt. 12:40!)
2. To justify their “Easter Weekend” narrative, Christians also ‘CHANGED’ God’s gift of literal time on earth. They state, “Unlike Western time, a Hebrew day begins at sunset and ends at sunset.” So what? This “day” still consists of a 24-hour period, not a 12-hour period. Hebrews knew, at creation, “God called the light ‘Day,’ and the darkness He called ‘Night.’ So the evening and the morning were the FIRST DAY…” (Genesis 1:5,8,13-14,19,23,31; 2:2—3.)
3. It is blasphemy to make Jesus into a liar by abusing Mark 9:31, where He said, “After three days and three nights I will rise.” This definitely does NOT ACCOUNT FOR “4-DAYS IN THE GRAVE!”
4. Yet, Christians even abuse the book of Ester to ‘change’ 1 day and 2 nights, (the 36 hours of their “Easter Weekend,”) into 3 days and 3 nights (72 hours)!
6. Find the pure, Scriptural truth of this debate in contextual Scripture as illustrated in the graph lower down on this page!
¨ THE 8-DAY PASSOVER FEAST AND ALL FOUR GOSPELS TOGETHER, HOLD THE KEY TO THIS ‘MYSTERY’
¨ “YOU HAVE CORRUPTED THE BIBLE; YOU HAVE NO GROUND TO STAND ON,” they accuse
¨ “Some Muslims say they believe in the Hebrew Torah, but not in the Bible”
HERE FOLLOWS THE TRULY LOGIC, SCRIPTURAL ANSWER TO THE 36 OR 72 HOURS IN THE GRAVE DEBATE
I recently had an encounter with a Muslim, who asked some perfectly legitimate questions concerning some Bible Scriptures, which seem to contradict one another and the truth from Jesus’ own mouth! Even Christians get confused when they try to explain the Christian “Good Friday/Easter Monday,” 4-day Weekend Feast in the light of the following verses. The correct interpretation of these Scriptures is impossible without considering the contextual truth of Jesus’ Gospel, which illustrates His life and earthly ministry under the Old Testament covenant and the Hebraic, Levitical, ceremonial temple law. When Jesus died, He sighed, “It is finished,” (‘I have fulfilled the Levitical Law in totality for all believing humanity,’) because at that moment, He “did away with” the Old Testament Covenant to establish His eternal New Testament Covenant in the “hearts” of all true believers worldwide, (Jn. 19:28-30; Heb. 7—9; 8:13.)
“In Matthew 27 and 28:1, Jesus died on Friday, right? If Mary Magdalene visits the sepulcher on Sunday morning to find it empty... that only counts as two nights (24 hours) and one (12 hour) day, which is 36 hours. But Jesus said He will rise after three whole days and three whole nights, which is at least 72 hours? Someone must be lying, right?”
I am only interested in believing and telling the whole contextual truth of Scripture. The four Gospels, as all Scripture, must be interpreted as a whole. To focus on certain verses of only one Gospel will always be confusing.
Ţ Jesus Himself said He would be in the grave for three nights and three days — that is a literal 72-hour period. Anyone who denies this truth, dares to make Jesus a liar! One 12-hour night, one 12-hour day, and another 12-hour night can never and will never constitute what Jesus unmistakably declared. He said, “...As Jonah was three days and three nights [a 72-hour period] in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights [a 72-hour period] in the heart of the earth…” (Mt. 12:38-40; Jonah 1:17; Jn. 19:13-36; 31:33.)
Ţ The Creator God Himself, (and the Hebrews who wrote the Old Testament,) knew very well that 24 hours account for one day and one night, or one night and one day — which is a whole ‘day.’ God Himself created time on earth in Genesis 1:5, “God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening [night] AND morning [day] were the first day” — a 24 hour period.
Ţ What’s more, where God says, “One day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like one day,” He was speaking metaphorically; referring to heaven, the afterlife or eternity, not to literal time here on earth! Twelve hours of a day can never account for a full 24-hour day as these twisters of the Scriptures allege — and the Old Hebrews never saw a ‘day’ as a 12-hour period, but as a night and a day, (a 24-hour period,) just like Jesus said.
Ţ Many Christians also reject the declaration, “After [not during or before] three days and three nights He will rise.” They use the phrase, “on the third day He will rise,” in an attempt to fit Jesus’ ‘three nights and three days in the grave’ into the pagan/Christianized, Catholic/Protestant Churches’ Good Friday/Easter Monday feast. According to this interpretation, written into the Bible by Catholic priests we may assume, (Mark 7:13,) they changed three 24-hour days into “two 12-hour nights and one 12-hour day.” However, this only makes for 36 hours and not 72 hours as Jesus said!
Ţ Adherents of this deception even use references from the book of Ester uncontextually to substantiate their claim. However, a 72-hour period does not end ‘on’ (while the time is still running,) but ‘after’ or when the period is over!
Ţ Why so many different interpretations and illogic wordplay on such an important event? Jesus is not a man that He should lie. If we find ‘discrepancies’ in Scripture, we headstrong humans are always at fault! In the context of “all” Scripture, everything we need to know about Jesus’ time in the grave was written for us in the ‘all truth’ of Scripture.
THE 8-DAY PASSOVER FEAST AND ALL FOUR GOSPELS TOGETHER, HOLD THE KEY TO THIS ‘MYSTERY’
¨ John declared in 19:14-16, 31, [Jesus died on the cross at 3 o’clock p.m., the Jewish ninth hour.] “Because it was Preparation Day, that the bodies should not have to remain on the cross on the Sabbath Day, (for that [particular] Sabbath was a HIGH day,) [which began 3 hours later at sunset,] the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away [before dark or the beginning of the “High” Sabbath Day, which was the first day [of preparation] that preceded the 7-day Feast of Unleavened Bread.]”
¨ That High Sabbath, which followed Jesus’ death, was not the usual Saturday Sabbath. Wikipedia Encyclopedia explains, “High Sabbaths in Judaism usage, are seven ANNUYAL festivals and [Sabbath] rest days, recorded in the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy…”
¨ “Preparation Day” means, (Holman’s Bible Dictionary,) “The day of the week in which Jews prepared necessities to avoid work on the Sabbath, (compare Ex. 20:8-11; Mt. 12:1-14; John 9:14-16.)”
Ţ The Passover Feast is actually an 8-day Feast. In Exodus 12, God said to the Hebrews in Egypt, “On the 14th of Nisan, [the first month of the Hebrew year…] the assembly… shall kill [the lamb] at twilight… and eat the flesh on that night…” [On that same night, sometime after midnight, the Hebrews left Egypt.] Lev. 23:5-7 continues, "The 14th day of the 1st month Nisan at twilight is the Lord's Passover. The 15th day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord…” Ex. 12:14-18, “For seven days [after Passover day] you shall eat unleavened bread… On the first… and seventh day there shall be a holy convocation. No manner of work shall be done on them…”
Ţ From the context of all four Gospels and the Levitical law, it is absolutely clear that there were two Sabbath days that week when Jesus was crucified.
1. In Lu. 22:1,7-8,15-20, Mt. 26:17-54, Jn. 13, and Mark 14, (at the beginning of 14th Nissan at sunset,) Jesus ate the Passover Feast with His disciples and instituted the Lord’s Supper. That same Passover night, He was arrested in Gethsemane and put on trial. That morning of Passover day, 14th Nissan, He was brought before Pilate and crucified on the cross. He died at 3 o’clock p.m. our time; the Jewish ninth hour. This fits in the Hebrews flight from Egypt!
2. The First day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, 15th Nissan, is a High Sabbath and thus, no one was able to work. Holman’s Bible Dictionary, “The Feast of Passover was immediately followed by the holy convocation of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Leviticus 23:1-7.) No one worked on [any of the different Sabbaths,] so a Day of Preparation, [which was also Passover Day,] was set aside to prepare for this [High Sabbath] (John 19:14.) John identified The day of Preparation as Passover Day, the day of Jesus' execution (John 19:14, John 19:31, John 19:42,) and then he placed the Last Supper before Passover, (John 13:1). However, the Synoptic Gospels dated the Last Supper on the day of Passover (Luke 22:7, Matthew 26:1-2; Mark 14:12)...”
3. Fact remains, all four Gospels agree that Jesus died on Preparation Day, not because this day was the Roman Catholic ‘Good Friday,’ but because it was Passover Day, the day before the High Sabbath of the 7-day Feast of Unleavened Bread, which began at sunset. According to the Levitical law, Jesus was slain on Passover Day as the Lamb of God.
4. Jesus died at three in the afternoon (our time) on Passover Day.
5. He was buried before sunset on Passover Day.
6. The first High Sabbath of the 7-day Feast of Unleavened Bread began that sunset until sunset the next day.
7. Jesus was in the grave since sunset (6 p.m.) on Wednesday, when the High Sabbath of Unleavened Bread began.
8. Jesus rose from the grave some time “after” sunset on Saturday, when the Jewish new week began.
Ţ It is sound, Scriptural fact that the weekly Hebrew Sabbath (Saturday) was not the only Sabbath Day during the Passover feast. Jesus was not crucified on a Friday as the Roman Catholic Church and her protestant daughters teach. They twisted Scripture, the Levitical Law, historical fact, and the Hebrew timeline to justify their ungodly Good Friday/Easter Monday feast. Jesus died on Wednesday that week, not on Friday as they twisted the Scriptures to say.
Here follows the Scriptural and logic Hebrew timeline of the week when Jesus died, was buried for 72 hours, and was risen from the grave:
“YOU HAVE CORRUPTED THE BIBLE; YOU HAVE NO GROUND TO STAND ON”
The Qur’an’s Surah 5:65-75 proclaim sobering facts about their animosity towards the Jesus of the Bible, “If only the People of the [Bible] Book had believed [in the Muslim message] and been righteous [through following the Islamic path,] we, [not the God of the Bible,] should have blotted out their iniquities.” Verse 66: “If only they had stood fast by the Law, [the Jewish Torah, or Pentateuch, the 5 books of Moses,] the Gospel, [the historical Books which describe the life of Jesus; not the epistles…] and all the revelation that was sent to them from Verse 67: “O [Muslim] Messenger! Proclaim the Message, which has been sent to you from your Lord… And Allah will defend you from men who mean mischief. For Allah guides not those who reject [Muslim] Faith.
Verse 68: “Say: ‘O People of the Book! [Christians!] You have no ground to stand on unless you stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord.’ [Next, the scene changes abruptly:] It is the revelation that comes to you [Muslims] from your Lord, [Allah,] that increases in most of them [the Christians] their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy… [against Islam.] But you do not grieve over these people without Faith [in Allah.]
Verse 69: “Those who believe in the Qur’an, those who follow the Jewish scriptures, and the Sabians and the Christians – any who believe in Allah and in the [Islamic] Last Day, and work [Islamic] righteousness, on them shall be no fear…
Verse 70: “We took the Covenant of the Children of Israel and sent them [Muslim] Messengers. Every time there came to them a Messenger with what they themselves did not desire [Qur’anic teaching] – some of these they called impostors, and some they go so far as to slay…
Verse 72: “They do blaspheme who say: ‘God is Christ the son of Mary…’ But Christ said: ‘O Children of Israel! Worship God, [Allah,] my Lord and your Lord.’ Whoever joins other gods with Allah, [Jesus is God!] Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode…
Verse 73: “They do blaspheme who say: ‘God is one of three in a trinity,’ for there is no god except one God, Allah. If they do not desist from their word of blasphemy, verily a grievous penalty will befall… them.
Verse 74: “Why do they not turn to Allah and seek his forgiveness…
Verse 75: “Christ the son of Mary was no more than a [Muslim] Messenger; many were the [Muslim] Messengers that passed away before him… See how Allah makes His Signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the [Muslim] truth!
Verse 76: “Say: ‘Will you worship, besides Allah, something [not even ‘Someone,’ the Lord Jesus Christ] which has no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah – He it is that hears and knows all things.”
“Some Muslims say they believe in the Hebrew Torah, but not in the Bible”
Some Muslims allege, "We believe in the Torah [Old Testament Law] and the Gospel, but there are all these other books in the Bible and we do not believe that those are from God.” These Muslims are merely following Qur’anic instruction. Surah 5.68 decrees, “[Christians] have no ground to stand on unless you stand fast by the Law, the Gospel… [But] it is the [added] revelation that comes to you from your Lord, [the True Gospel of Jesus Christ,] that increases in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy… [against Islam.]”
Muslims teach, there was no other ‘messenger’ or ‘prophet’ between Jesus in the 1st century A.D. and Mohammed in the 7th century A.D. So, they believe the epistles of the New Testament are fakes. Essentially, they believe that the Qur’an is the only truth and thus remained unadulterated, while the whole Bible, (even the Torah and the Gospel-Books, but especially the epistles,) were changed, corrupted, and added not to fit into the ‘truth’ of Mohammed’s revelations.
When Mohammed wrote in Surah 6:115; 10:64, “The words of Allah are perfect in truth and justice; there is none who can change His words,” he was definitely not referring Muslims to the authenticity of the Bible, as Greeson and his followers allege! As we will see, it would be impossible to prove from the Qur’an that Allah is the God of the Bible, which he is not! Secondly, Greeson missed the context of these verses that states, (S. 5:69,) “Those who believe in the Qur’an, those who follow the Jewish Scriptures, and the… Christians – any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work [Islamic] righteousness, on them shall be no fear…”
Fact remains, devout Muslims, as other all other devout religionists, always find excuses to reject Biblical Truth to show people to the ‘glorious’ Qur’an, or to their ‘glorious’ Christian doctrines!